Friday, October 22, 2010

It's true, I'm a domestic goddess, if only in my little world.

Alarm, 6:45am. Snooze. Alarm, 6:54am. Snooze. Alarm, 7:03am. Snooze. Alarm 7:12am. Crap! Time to wake up sleeping beauty for another amazing day of Middle School. She, like her Mama, doesn't want her feet to hit the floor quite yet. It's warm under the covers. It's cold in the house. Make her lunch, brush my teeth, pony my hair, sweatshirt, slippers.
7:15am...she's gotta get up! She's up, dressed, hair done, teeth brushed, backpack packed...and out the door we go.
Yes, I drive her to Middle School, yes, the one that is three blocks away. Why? Because I can, because I want to, because that's what I do.

Home, coffee, email, facebook. Dishes, laundry, make bed, vacuum (daily...we are the proud parents of three very furry 4 legged kids), plan dinner, run errands, do chores, feed the 4 legged kids, make lunch, email and facebook again, prep dinner, pick up the kiddo, snack, homework, her chores, make dinner, do dishes, clean up kitchen, laundry, get ready for bed, relax, read paper, book or magazine, chat with my Prince Charming. Kiddo to bed, Prince Charming and I to bed.

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

It may seem mundane, ordinary, boring, repetitive, plain, old school, dull, simple...but it's mine. It's me, it's my job, the one I do the best. Being wife and Mama.

And...I love it.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I could put my name on this! All hail the domestic goddesses, where ever they may be!!!

    ReplyDelete